syslog-ng2 conf path default changed; pkg-plist out of date

Brian A. Seklecki lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org
Tue Apr 10 18:26:08 UTC 2007

Okay...who broke this:  The path in the binary to the default config file
has changed but the pkg-list hasn't and aside from the 2.0.2 patch level
bump I dont see where else it came from:

[seklecki at web05 ~]$ strings /usr/local/sbin/syslog-ng |egrep "\.conf"
   -f <fname>, --cfgfile=<fname>    Set config file name, default=/usr/local/etc/syslog-ng.conf

/usr/local/etc/syslog-ng.conf

[seklecki at web05 /usr/local/cf]$ sudo bash -x /usr/local/etc/rc.d/syslog-ng
restart
[...snip...]
++ /usr/local/sbin/syslog-ng -p /var/run/syslog.pid
Error opening configuration file;
filename='/usr/local/etc/syslog-ng.conf', error='No such file or directory
(2)'

The work-around for the mean time is:

    syslog_ng_flags="-f /usr/local/etc/syslog-ng/syslog-ng.conf"

I need to see a CVS changelog of certain files, but Balavid doesn't have a
cvsweb, viewvc, etc. or public CVS archive?

l8*
 	-lava (Brian A. Seklecki - Pittsburgh, PA, USA)
 	       http://www.spiritual-machines.org/

"...from back in the heady days when "helpdesk" meant nothing, "diskquota"
meant everything, and lives could be bought and sold for a couple of pages
of laser printout - and frequently were."