cannot install: Unknown component no.

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 13:19:01 UTC 2007

On 4/7/07, Dan Reinholz <xaenn at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure how this happened, but when I try to
> install almost any port, dolphin for example, I have
> this problem:
>
> bsd# cd /usr/ports/x11-fm/dolphin
> bsd# make install
> ===>  dolphin-0.8.2 cannot install: Unknown component
> no.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/x11-fm/dolphin.

I'm able to reproduce this problem as follows:

hp010# make install USE_GNOME=no
===>  dolphin-0.8.2 cannot install: Unknown component no.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/x11-fm/dolphin.

> I don't know where the IGNORE is coming from, but it's
> a big problem that won't let me install or update most
> software. I really appreciate any help.

The problem is that USE_GNOME is being set to "no", and then when
Mk/bsd.gnome.mk checks the USE_GNOME value for valid components it is
unable to find the gnome component "no".  This causes it to set the
IGNORE variable.

Check your /etc/make.conf for the USE_GNOME variable and remove it.

Scot
--
DISCLAIMER:
No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.