subject=FreeBSD 6.1 & gettext-0.16.1 & portupgrade problems

Ade Lovett ade at FreeBSD.org
Sun Apr 1 06:02:38 UTC 2007

On Mar 31, 2007, at 06:41 , Dino Vliet wrote:
> When I issued this last command, portupgrade -rf gettext I get this
> result:
>
> --->  Packages processed: 182 done, 0 ignored, 79 skipped and 7 failed
I'm afraid that you'll have to supply significantly more data from
the output of the portupgrade command before anyone can make any
suggestions as to what is going on.  All the above line is telling us
is that 182 ports were successfully rebuilt, 7 failed, and as a
result of those 7 failures, a further 79 ports were skipped.

Looking into the logs as to why those 7 ports failed would be a good
first step.

> I'm using freebsd 6.1 on a amd64 system.

Moving to 6.2-STABLE would also be an excellent idea.

-aDe