HEADS UP: gcc 4.1 and package builds

Rene Ladan r.c.ladan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 03:59:29 PDT 2006

Kris Kennaway schreef:
> If any of you are in the habit of monitoring pointyhat or derivative
> sites (portsmon, etc) for port failures, note that the current
> i386/7.0 build is using a snapshot of gcc 4.1 as part of plans to
> update the compiler in HEAD:
>
>   http://pointyhat.freebsd.org/errorlogs/i386-7-latest/

[...]

> In the meantime you can get a head start on fixing the many problems
> that are coming to light with the new compiler (we're looking at maybe
> ~1000 new failures across the ports tree from the usual round of
> increased compiler strictness) by installing the gcc41 port and using
> that with CC=gcc41 and CXX=g++41 set (if your port does not respect
> these: shame on you and go and fix that too! :)

[...]

I just installed lang/gcc41 on my RELENG_6 box, is there any recipe to
use ccache with the system compiler for /usr/src and with lang/gcc41 for
/usr/ports ?

Regards,
Rene
--
GPG fingerprint = E738 5471 D185 7013 0EE0  4FC8 3C1D 6F83 12E1 84F6
(subkeys.pgp.net)

"It won't fit on the line."
		-- me, 2001