[HEADS UP]: sdl port will be updated

Stanislav Sedov stas at FreeBSD.org
Wed Sep 20 12:32:02 PDT 2006

On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 21:56:50 +0400
Dmitry Marakasov <amdmi3 at mail.ru> mentioned:

> * Stanislav Sedov (ssedov at mbsd.msk.ru) wrote:
>
> Seems like SDL ports were updated before freeze after all :)

Yup. We had an additional time before the freeze to test this.

> Right now, I've ran into a problem when upgrading SDL_net, so meybe
> there's bug that should be fixed.
>
> The problem is that linking SDL_net failed with complain from libtool
> that it can't find /usr/local/lib/libSDL-1.1.la (of course SDL itself
> was already updated, so there was no such file). It turned out that
> for some reason libtool looked into /usr/local/lib/libGUI.la, that had
> libSDL-1.1.la reference. That file belonged to graphics/guilib port,
> after deinstalling which, sdl-net was built without errors.
>
> Maybe there's bug somewhere around sdl-net build system. This:
>
> post-configure:
> 	@${REINPLACE_CMD} -e \
>                 's|^deplibs_check_method=.*|deplibs_check_method=pass_all|' \
>                         ${WRKSRC}/libtool
>
> seem suspicious for me. No problems were encountered with other sdl_*
> ports.

No, it's not a bug in the building system. As we renamed the library itself
all dependent ports should be updated as well. That's why we've bumped up
portrevisions for all dependent ports. Programs like portupgrade should
do their work well.

Thanks for attention.

--
Stanislav Sedov              <stas at FreeBSD.org>          [[Россия, Москва]]
PGP id: 0xEB269581           http://people.freebsd.org/~stas/stas.key.asc