www/dotproject out of date and vulnerable

Fred Cox sailorfred at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 19 18:02:54 PDT 2006

--- Kris Kennaway <kris at obsecurity.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 19, 2006 at 05:15:45PM -0700, Fred Cox
> wrote:
>
> > Actually, it doesn't.  It goes ahead and installs
> it,
> > even though I specified these:
> >
> > WITH_MYSQL=     yes
> > WANT_MYSQL_VER= 323
> > IGNORE_WITH_MYSQL=5
> >
> > Starting with a system that had no MySQL or PHP
> > installed on it, I did a make install in the
> > dotproject port with the Makefile and distinfo I
> > specified earlier.
> >
> > It seems to look for mysql.so, and if that's
> found, it
> > doesn't worry about the version.
>
> OK, so it's just silently broken, which is worse.

It's still better than the current situation.

> > See the log at http://fcox.net/dp.log, when no
> mysql
> > or php was installed on the system.
> >
> > Perhaps this is a bug in the dependencies system.
>
> Dunno without investigating.  Anyway, the correct
> solution is the
> same.

OK, so if you had a pointer on how to depend on that
alternate version, it would help.  Right now, the
dependencies are specified with the WITH and IGNORE
variables, but it seems that with your proposal I
won't be able to do that.  Maybe tonight I will fall
asleep reading the Porter's Handbook.

Fred