editors/scite port broken

piotr.smyrak at heron.pl piotr.smyrak at heron.pl
Tue Sep 19 09:01:51 PDT 2006

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 15:25:46 +0200, Angelo Turetta wrote
> piotr.smyrak at heron.pl wrote:
> > On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 10:32:40 -0400, Kris Kennaway wrote
> >> [...]
> >>
> >> The question is why is it trying to use lua when no lua
> >> library is being linked (nor is it apparently even present
> >> on your system.
> >>

> > Unfortunately it is unmaintained IIRW since sobomax stepped
down. I
> > used to use the port a lot and submit update PR's, but my
knowledge
> > is too limited in regards to C++ et consortes.
> >

> It happened to me too. The problem is that lua port has
> been upgraded to
> 5.1 in the past few months, but scite (as is now) can only
> be linked to 5.0.
>
> I solved it with:
>      portupgrade -fo lang/lua50 lua
>
> or equivalent (i.e. uninstall lang/lua and install
> lang/lua50)

It solves the problem. Thanks a lot.

Maybe then we should check in the port whether wrong version of
lang/lua is installed, and if so mark it IGNORE. Or maybe CONFLICT
is in place, but it is not really a conflict rather ports
incompatibility.

--
 Piotr Smyrak
 piotr.smyrak at heron.pl