FreeBSD Port: ftp/curl

Peter Pentchev roam at ringlet.net
Mon Sep 18 05:51:27 PDT 2006

On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 04:04:49PM -0500, Scot Hetzel wrote:
> On 7/20/06, Andrew Pantyukhin <infofarmer at gmail.com> wrote:
> >I wonder if it's possible to resolve the situation when
> >(defined(WITH_GNUTLS) && !defined(WITHOUT_SSL)) in a
> >friendlier way than a simple IGNORE. I have WITH_GNUTLS
> >in my make.conf and I don't have WITHOUT_SSL there. It
> >would be great if you could make the port choose on its own,
> >either way would be perfect.
> >

> I had a look at the ports Makefile, and there is only one thing that
> is holding the port back, from doing what you want...

For the record, Scot sent me a patch to the ftp/curl port later on,
and now I've committed it along with the update to cURL 7.15.5.
Thanks a lot to Andrew for bringing this up, and to Scot for digging in
and coming up with the patch that looks quite simple in retrospect, but...
most things do look simple once somebody else has gone and done them :)

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev	roam at ringlet.net    roam at cnsys.bg    roam at FreeBSD.org