some languages are more equal that others ?

Sergei Vyshenski svysh at cryptocom.ru
Mon Sep 18 05:45:30 PDT 2006

Dear port experts,

Being a maintainer of the port security/p5-openxpki,
I have got a message from the robot of Mark Linimon, which
marked my port "broken" because my pkg-plist has lines:

@dirrmtry share/locale/de_DE/LC_MESSAGES
@dirrmtry share/locale/de_DE
@dirrmtry share/locale/en_GB/LC_MESSAGES
@dirrmtry share/locale/en_GB

Robot was not happy with my attempt to erase _empty_ directories
related to en_GB language during deinstalling of the port :

=== Checking filesystem state
list of files present before this port was installed but missing after it was deinstalled)
./usr/local/share/locale/en_GB missing
./usr/local/share/locale/en_GB/LC_MESSAGES missing
build of /usr/ports/security/p5-openxpki ended at Fri Sep  8 01:31:16 UTC 2006

But it was ok with the robot to erase directories related to de_DE language.

Could you please let me know policy of FreeBSD about respecting different language settings.
Shall I include @dirrmtry for all languages except of en_GB?
What would happen if robot runs at a host with different set of locale-related empty directories?
Does port maintenance toolkit has a mean to find out, which locale-related empty directories existed on the host before port installation begins?

Also. Do you think it is a good idea to let a robot mark ports "broken" because of non technical issue, but rather because of poorly defined political issue?

All the best, Sergei