port for eXist (Java) with no build step

Adam Retter adam at adamretter.eclipse.co.uk
Sat Sep 16 08:00:15 PDT 2006

Hello chaps,

I am tying to create a port for the eXist XML Native Database, when you
download eXist it comes as an izPack installer jar file. I have created
a Makefile for my port which correctly downloads the jar
into /usr/ports/distfiles and requires diablo jdk 1.5.

Now what I want to do in my Makefile is skip the build step and run the
following command -

java
-jar /usr/ports/distfiles/{$PORTNAME}-{$PORTVERSION}.{EXTRACT_SUFFIX}
org.exist.izpack.CommandLineInstaller -p /usr/local/eXist

Which will install eXist into /usr/local/eXist. The eXist distribution
includes both a compiled ready to run version and the src files.

So how can I skip the build step and run that command to install the
distribution.

Also im wondering on the best way to generate either a static or dynamic
pkg-list for this type of deployment?

Attached is my currect Makefile (work in progress).

Thanks Adam.