[HEADS UP]: sdl port will be updated

Stanislav Sedov ssedov at mbsd.msk.ru
Thu Sep 14 06:39:40 PDT 2006

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 16:35:51 +0400
Dmitry Marakasov <amdmi3 at mail.ru> mentioned:

> * Stanislav Sedov (ssedov at mbsd.msk.ru) wrote:
> > We are going to update all sdl ports to latest version.
> > This will require modifications to sdl-dependent ports,
> > and we are currently doing full build in tinderbox
> > to ensure that all goes right.
> I.e. that will be include/SDL12, sdl12-config, etc.?
> Are there other changes besides version?
>
> I would like a patch to test my ports :)

No, it will resemble original distribution (include/SDL, sdl-config).
In any case you should not rely on this and always use bsd.sdl.mk
supplied variables(e.g. ${SDL_CONFIG}).

Your ports will be patches as well among other 375+. If you like to see,
the latest patch available here: http://mbsd.msk.ru/dist/sdl.diff.7
It's against yesterday cvs.

As kris said, we'll preform the update after 6.2 release, so don't
worry now. We'll ensure that there's no regression before commit.

--
Stanislav Sedov         MBSD labs, Inc.         <ssedov at mbsd.msk.ru>
Россия, Москва         http://mbsd.msk.ru

If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.  -- A. Einstein
PGP fingerprint:  F21E D6CC 5626 9609 6CE2  A385 2BF5 5993 EB26 9581