PHP 5.1.6 Command Line Arg Gives Seg Fault

Kian Mohageri kian at restek.wwu.edu
Sun Sep 10 19:27:27 PDT 2006

Ron Tarrant wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I updated my ports tree on Sept. 7 and then built /usr/ports/lang/php5
> (version: 5.1.6). Now the command:
>
> php --version
>
> results in a segmentation fault. I wouldn't mind, but I'm working on
> building php-gtk2 from source and the configure script uses the above
> command to confirm installation of the CLI version of PHP. Rather than
> the test yielding:

Do you happen to use the php5-ldap extension?  If so, you might try
upgrading your openldap port, because I experienced segfaulting with the
php command line (5.1.6) using openldap 2.3.25.  I upgraded to
openldap-client-2.3.27 and it fixed the problem.

You can also try using gdb to get an idea of where/when it is seg faulting.

Hope that helps.

--
Kian Mohageri
WWU ResTek