portmaster's root and leaf ports

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at optushome.com.au
Sun Sep 10 12:29:53 PDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-Sep-10 19:55:36 +0200, Hans Lambermont wrote:
>What's going on here ? Aren't these all dependencies that should have
>been tracked ? (shouldn't they be in the Trunk or Branch sections ?)

A port can have six different dependency types (extract, patch, fetch,
build, run, lib).  Of these, lib is a subset of run and only run
dependencies are listed in the package information.

Most of the root and leaf ports you list fairly clearly fall into one
of the non-run dependencies: eg nasm is only needed to compile some
assembler in one of the other ports, bison is only needed to compile
some grammar files.  The ones I don't recognize as falling into this
category are libassuan, gnupg-devel, libdts and teTeX-base.  Someone
else may be able to expain these.

--
Peter Jeremy