fam configure error

Stanislav Sedov ssedov at mbsd.msk.ru
Sun Sep 3 22:37:46 UTC 2006

On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 17:42:42 -0400
Lee Dilkie <Lee at dilkie.com> mentioned:

> Hi,
>
> Upgrading to the latest fam (devel/fam) konks out in configure.
>
> checking whether cc accepts -g... yes
> checking for cc option to accept ANSI C... none needed
> checking dependency style of cc... none
> checking for ld used by GCC... /usr/bin/ld
> checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
> checking for BSD-compatible nm... /usr/bin/nm -B
> checking whether ln -s works... yes
> ./ltconfig: Can't open ./ltconfig: No such file or directory
> configure: error: libtool configure failed
> ===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
> Please report the problem to ssedov at mbsd.msk.ru [maintainer] and attach the
> "/usr/ports/devel/fam/work/fam-2.6.10/config.log" including the output
> of the
> failure of your make command. Also, it might be a good idea to provide an
> overview of all packages installed on your system (e.g. an `ls
> /var/db/pkg`).
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/devel/fam.
>
> I've attached the whole build output and the config.log file.
>
> Anyone else see this problem?
>
> -lee

Thats because of the stale file left by old libtool13 port.
You should remove /usr/local/share/aclocal/libtool13.m4 and
probably, reinstall devel/libtool15 port.

--
Stanislav Sedov         MBSD labs, Inc.         <ssedov at mbsd.msk.ru>
Россия, Москва         http://mbsd.msk.ru

If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.  -- A. Einstein
PGP fingerprint:  F21E D6CC 5626 9609 6CE2  A385 2BF5 5993 EB26 9581