Odd distfile download

Loren M. Lang lorenl at alzatex.com
Sun Sep 3 01:21:50 UTC 2006

I have a port I am writing which uses an unusual way of distributing
tarballs.  The only download for official sources that I can tell is
through their web source control interface.  They have a URL which
provides a tarball of a tagged version from their source control
software.  The URL is

http://new.openspf.org/source/software/sendmail-spf-milter/tags/1.42.1.tar.gz?view=tar

This causes fetch and wget to save the file as 1.42.1.tar.gz?view=tar,
but netscape removes the ?view=tar.  Should I just make the port
download it as that name, but have it placed in a subdirectory using the
port name?
--
Loren M. Lang
lorenl at alzatex.com
http://www.alzatex.com/

Fingerprint: CEE1 AAE2 F66C 59B5 34CA  C415 6D35 E847 0118 A3D2