Linphone port for FreeBSD...

Boris Samorodov bsam at ipt.ru
Sat Sep 2 19:37:27 UTC 2006

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 15:37:24 -0400 William Bulley wrote:

> I don't know who is the correct person, or even if there
> is a ports maintainer for the linphone port.  A friend of

$ cd /usr/ports/net/linphone
$ make -V MAINTAINER
ports at FreeBSD.org

That means that it is unmaintained. Any person interested may take it
at his hands.

> mine told me he is unable to build the port in 6.1-STABLE
> since so many other dependencies have changed, or need to
> change.  Is there any feedback on this situation?  I had
> no problem building linphone 1.3.5 just after 6.1-REL was
> announced.  The linphone author recently announced the
> availability of linphone 1.3.99.8 - thanks for your help.

The port net/linphone depends on net/linphone-base, however:

$ cd /usr/ports/net/linphone-base
$ make -V BROKEN -V EXPIRATION_DATE
broken by latest update to libosip2
2006-12-01

Hence, linphone is broken because linphone-base is broken. And for the
latter (also unmaintained port) EXPIRATION_DATE is set. That means if
nobody takes care of the port, it will be removed after that date.

WBR
--
Boris Samorodov (bsam)
FreeBSD committer, http://www.FreeBSD.org The Power To Serve