automake question (astro/celestia-gtk not installing .3ds files)

Jean-Yves Lefort jylefort at FreeBSD.org
Sun Oct 29 19:27:51 UTC 2006

On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 19:38:25 +0100
Juergen Lock <nox at jelal.kn-bremen.de> wrote:

>  I was wondering why I don't see things like the ISS in celestia
> even when it knows them (tho with outdated ISS orbit elements,
> I updated them as explained here,
> 	http://www.shatters.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=41069#41069
> ) when I found out the port just doesn't install the .3ds files
> that do come with the distribution.  Looking at
> 	work/celestia-1.4.1/models/Makefile.am
> I see $(wildcard *.3ds) mentioned in EXTRA_DIST, which makes me
> suspect somehow the automake magic doesn't work as expected on
> FreeBSD.  Is this assumption right?  And does anyone have an idea
> how to fix this?

Apparently the vendor forgot to install a few 3D models (EXTRA_DIST
means include in dist tarball, not install). I'll fix this.

--
Jean-Yves Lefort

jylefort at FreeBSD.org
http://lefort.be.eu.org/