Flash 9

Craig Boston craig at yekse.gank.org
Fri Oct 27 17:30:04 UTC 2006

On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 08:27:20AM +0200, Alex Dupre wrote:
> I got Flash Player 9 for Linux working on FreeBSD *with* sound.

Hmm, this works but the audio sync is at least as bad as Flash 7 if not
worse.  I'm surprised they actually put in hooks for other sound APIs;
from the technical blogs it didn't sound like they were even considering
it.

I also tried compiling the sample flashsupport module (can be found at
http://www.kaourantin.net/flashplayer/flashsupport.c) on a Debian box
and copying the resulting binary over.  The audio sync was better but
stability was far worse -- random segmentation faults.

Craig