Gnome 2.16 upgrade failed (yeah, I read /usr/src/UPDATING)

David J Brooks daeg at houston.rr.com
Wed Oct 18 04:45:33 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 17 October 2006 22:27, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> > From: Robert Huff <roberthuff at rcn.com>
> > Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 21:51:30 -0400
> > Sender: owner-freebsd-gnome at freebsd.org
> >
> > Rainer Alves writes:
> > >  * mplayer:
> > >  [rainer at bsd /usr/ports/multimedia/mplayer]$ make showconfig | grep -i
> > > skin SKINS=on "Force dependency on mplayer-skins"
> > >  In my case, mplayer decided to install the dependecy
> > >  mplayer-skins during its install phase, the mplayer-skins'
> > >  distfiles were corrupted and it failed to install
> > >  multimedia/mplayer. I was able to fix this with a rm -f
> > >  /usr/ports/distfiles/mplayer/* (which removes the skins
> > >  distfiles).
> >
> > 	mplayer also depends of win32-codecs, which is currently
> > FORBIDDEN due to security issues.  win32-codecs ahs no maintainer.
>
> If the latest win32-codecs is installed with default options, the
> vulnerability should be removed. Of course, it means you lack
> Quicktime. The current version, win32-codecs<3.1.0.p8_1,1 is listed as
> safe by portaudit and in the Makefile.

How do you get it to build though? Here's what I got:

[/usr/ports/multimedia/win32-codecs]# make
===>  win32-codecs-3.1.0.p8_1,1 has known vulnerabilities:
=> win32-codecs -- multiple vulnerabilities.
   Reference:
<http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/portaudit/24f6b1eb-43d5-11db-81e1-000e0c2e438a.html>
=> Please update your ports tree and try again.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/multimedia/win32-codecs.

--
Sure the Almighty created the world in only six days,
but He didn't have an established user-base.