firefox-1.5.0.7_1, 1 does not load plugins from /usr/X11R6/lib/browser_plugins/

Pierre-Luc Drouin pldrouin at pldrouin.net
Wed Oct 18 04:33:02 UTC 2006

I have multiple plugins, both native and linux (through
linuxpluginwrapper) in /usr/X11R6/lib/browser_plugins/ and
firefox-1.5.0.7_1,1 does not seam to load any of these plugins. No error
or warning messages are printed to stdout or stderr by firefox when I
load a page that should trigger one of these plugins. I do not see any
of the plugins in the "View & Edit Actions" dialog box. When I switch
back to firefox-1.5.0.7,1 all the plugins work. So it looks like there
is a bug with the latest version of the firefox port.

Thank you
Pierre-Luc Drouin