Someone got a clue about bsdpan?

Jo Rhett jrhett at svcolo.com
Wed Oct 11 02:50:44 PDT 2006

On Fri, Oct 06, 2006 at 08:27:21AM +0200, Anton Berezin wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 07:34:22PM -0700, Jo Rhett wrote:
> > So it appears that installing perl packages from outside of ports nicely
> > creates bsdpan packages in the pkg tree.  However, I'm having trouble with
> > upgrades duplicating the packages, so I was going to do into this and
> > figure out what's missing.
>
> Could you maybe state in more detail what is the problem?

package-1.1.2
package-1.1.3
package-1.1.4
	...etc

Remove any one of these and the software is uninstalled.
Likewise, "make install" doesn't check for them, and happily overwrites.

> Perldoc BSDPAN and its SEE ALSO section contains whatever the docs there
> are.

You know, a package really should have a summary "what we are trying to
accomplish (and what we are not)" documented somewhere.  Having to read the
source code to make a guess what the goals of the project were is ...

--
Jo Rhett
senior geek