Problem with devel/tcllib

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Mon Oct 9 14:23:53 PDT 2006

I'm working on a new port that requires tcllib (among other things) as a
RUN_DEPENDS.  I discovered that tcllib does not uninstall
/usr/local/bin/dtplite when the port is uninstalled.  (In fact it doesn't
uninstall any of the three binaries that it installs.)  Therefore my port
thinks tcllib is installed when it's not.

I'm submitting a PR to fix that problem, but there's another problem that
keeps the port from building, and I don't know how to fix that one.  During
post-build, the port runs a series of tests.  Those tests fail.  So the
port will not install.  I can work around the problem by commenting out
post-build, but this obviously needs to be fixed.

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/tcllib/work/tcllib-1.9.
+ /bin/cat /usr/ports/devel/tcllib/work/tcllib-1.9/testlog.failures
 [8.4.13] fileutil    ~~ FAILS T   314 P   285 S     2 F    27
 [8.4.13] tie         ~~ FAILS T   223 P   105 S     4 F   114
+ false
*** Error code 1

The port maintainer was cc'd on this message and also on the PR for the
pkg-plist patch.

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/tcllib.

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer