FreeBSD Port: dansguardian-2.8.0.6_2

Robert Nilsson robert at nilssonstudios.com
Sun Oct 8 16:53:38 PDT 2006

Freddie,

I have found an issue in the port - it does not calculate md5
checksums correctly.  This isn't normally a problem, but I'm using a
password bypass and it doesn't match what the md5 command, or perl,
generate.

I haven't gone too deep, but if you comment out the "#  define
WORDS_BIGENDIAN 1" on line 39 of md5.cpp the issue is corrected.

Also, it has squid as a requirement.  Since I don't want the caching,
I'm using tinyproxy (in transparent mode).  I just commented out the
requirement in the Makefile, but it would be nice if this could be an
option.

Thanks!

Rob.