INDEX build failed for 7.x

Stanislav Sedov stas at FreeBSD.org
Sun Oct 8 15:16:33 PDT 2006

On Sun, 8 Oct 2006 17:44:13 -0400
Kris Kennaway <kris at obsecurity.org> mentioned:

> > It seems that index for 7.0 is building on STABLE? As ':u' modifier
> > exists in -CURRENT...
> >
> > Ok, I've commented it out, now should build OK.
>
> People build INDEXes for any version on any (supported) version of
> FreeBSD :)

I know, but there was knob to disable :u and switch to a different
algorithm on OSVERSION < 700016. So it works well for INDEXES on 4.x,
5.x, 6.x. But not for 7.x... :-( So it seems that OSVERSION is set
explicitly when building INDEX for 7.x whilst actually OS is not 7.x.

Correct me, please, if it's not so.

--
Stanislav Sedov          <stas at FreeBSD.org>        [[Россия, Москва]]
PGP id: 0xEB269581       http://people.freebsd.org/~stas/stas.key.asc