apache + php + mysql startup order

Dmitry Pryanishnikov dmitry at atlantis.dp.ua
Thu Nov 30 11:39:01 PST 2006

Hello!

On Thu, 30 Nov 2006, Doug Barton wrote:
>> Since apache runs as www user, it should require LOGIN, as mysql do.
>
> Agreed.

  It would be nice!

> As for the OP's original question, there is no reason you can't change
> the REQUIRE lines in the rc.d scripts yourself. Have your -check
> script require LOGIN, then have the mysql script require your -check
> script, and have apache require mysql.

   Actually, just having the following:

# BEFORE:  apache
# REQUIRE: mysql

in -check script forces correct order (mysql-server -> mysql-check ->
apache.sh) despite issuing an error message about the circular dependency.
And yes, I can just replace

# REQUIRE: DAEMON
# BEFORE: LOGIN

with

# REQUIRE: LOGIN

in apache.sh, and all works correctly. Yet I prefer (as usually in open-source
software world) not to keep local fixes for obvious bugs (and reapply them
during every [re]install of apache), but to report them upstream instead.

> hth,
>
> Doug

Sincerely, Dmitry
--