Something is really not right with azureus 2.5 / diablo-jdk 1.5

martinko gamato at users.sf.net
Thu Nov 30 11:05:19 PST 2006

Robert Noland wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have azureus-2.5.0.0 which requires diablo-jdk-1.5.0.07.01_1 to build (among
>> other things). It builds and runs fine, however, azureus limps along for about
>> 10 minutes with very low download and upload speeds, then it seems to grind to
>> a halt, the d/l and u/l basically stop. There are no errors to report because
>> the application keeps going, but the problem is it stops actually d/l or u/l
>> anything (sometimes you might get short bursts of extremely slow speeds, but it
>> is mostly 0 B/s).
>>
>> I suspect that diablo-jdk that is at fault, but in truth this is just a hunch.
>
> This is a problem with azureus, not the jdk.  The same issue exists with
> sun jdk15.  I am attempting to look at the code, but someone with more
> java foo than I would probably be much more productive.  It appears to
> be an issue with socket handling...
>
> robert.
>
>> uname -a
>> FreeBSD earth.com 6.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE #0: Sun May  7 04:32:43 UTC
>> 2006     root at opus.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386
>>
>> PS - this is not a complaint, or even an error report, it is more of a heads up
>> with what I am having happen on my system - also, I installed azureus to a
>> windoze box that is on the same LAN and it is behaving normally, so it doesnt
>> look like firewall/nat issue.
>>
>> Regards, Tim.

Couldn't this be the old threading issue?

$ cat /etc/libmap.conf
# /etc/libmap.conf : mato [17-may-2006]
#
# candidate             mapping
#

[/usr/local/diablo-jdk1.5.0/]   # due to azureus vs java bug
<http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=5075546>
libpthread.so           libc_r.so
libpthread.so.2         libc_r.so.6
#libpthread.so          libthr.so