SCons build, help needed

Alexander Botero-Lowry alexbl at FreeBSD.org
Mon Nov 27 20:39:02 PST 2006

> I'm trying to make a port of the latest Blender with the SCons build.
> The scons command in the do-build target in bsd.scons.mk is expanded in:
Yes, I've had this lovely discussion before. Blender has gone through many
iterations of bad scons behavior, at one point it used to split the args so
it would pass - O 2  - f n o - s t r i c t - a l i a s i n g  - p i p e
to the compiler.

The problem is not blindly resolvable. The blind solution is unacceptable (which
is to ignore C(C)FLAGS and friends. What needs to happen to really resolve this
issue is osme needs to die through blender's SConstruct/SConscript _mess_ and
fix it for real so it accepts and uses command line options correctly. I've
tried before and not had much luck.

An example of an SCons setup that behaves correctly is audio/xmms2

The two important files are:
http://git.xmms.se/?p=xmms2-devel.git;a=blob;h=551fe59022d5562a09446593a519df971e2941d3;hb=cecd51857cf1c183869b6f7425be1323178c90b7;f=SConstruct
and
http://git.xmms.se/?p=xmms2-devel.git;a=blob;h=b95836099c5e593ce4712b8852ebefaee3ace503;hb=cecd51857cf1c183869b6f7425be1323178c90b7;f=xmmsenv.py