Bogus mtree reports from current pointyhat builds

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Sat Nov 25 13:47:29 PST 2006

On Fri, Nov 24, 2006 at 07:26:01PM +0100, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> Looking at
> http://people.freebsd.org/~fenner/errorlogs/gerald@freebsd.org.html
> I got two new reports along the lines of
>
> === Checking filesystem state
> list of extra files and directories in / (not present before this port was installed but present after it was deinstalled)
> 472473        4 drwxr-xr-x    2 root             wheel                 512 Nov 16 05:44 usr/local/share/nls/mn_MN.UTF-8
>
> I have a very hard time seeing that lang/gcc41 or lang/gcc43 can be
> responsible for these files, and ideed with local builds of mine I
> cannot reproduce this.
>
> Is it possible the build service hasn't been updated for some new config
> files?

This happens when someone adds/removes an entree to mtree, and I don't
rebuild all of the old packages from scratch (since the old mtree is
embedded in the old packages the directory gets recreated when they're
added).  You can ignore these entries.  I don't know why fenner's
error page detects them as errors though.

Kris