FreeBSD 6.1-R-p10 and PHP 5.2.0

eculp at encontacto.net eculp at encontacto.net
Wed Nov 22 10:38:48 PST 2006

Quoting Jeremy Chadwick <koitsu at FreeBSD.org>:

> On Fri, Nov 17, 2006 at 05:32:07AM -0600, eculp at encontacto.net wrote:
>> I just tried sessions at the beginning and :
>>
>> pid 8311 (httpd), uid 0: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
>>
>> darn it :(
>>
>> Out of desperation, I tried several combinations but no cigar :(
>>
>> If anyone else has a winning combination, I'd love to try it.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> ed
>
> Can you find the corefile and run gdb on it and do "bt"?  E.g.
>
> $ gdb /usr/local/bin/php /path/to/php.core
> (gdb) bt
>
> This might tell us which module is crashing php.

Jeremy,

Thanks for the suggestion.  First I apologize for the noise because I
sent this on the 17th and it just got to the list.  In the meantime I
recompiled all with a portupgrade -rRf and that solved the problem and
I erased all the core files.  But the problem was probably one of my
prior upgrades didn't compile something that was causing the problem.

Again thanks,

ed