[courier-users] Problem imapd.core in my Maildir directory.

HIROSHI OOTA hiroshi.oota at necel.com
Mon Nov 20 17:55:16 PST 2006

Hi,

At Mon, 20 Nov 2006 13:05:47 -0600,
Edwin L. Culp W. wrote:
;; What else is being used?  I'm also thinking that maybe this should
;; probably be on the ports at freebsd.org rather than courier-users unless
;; other os's have the gamin/fam conflicts.

The code in gamin to which we are paying attention is the following.
libgamin/gam_api.c
|#if defined(HAVE_CMSGCRED) && (!defined(LOCAL_CREDS) || defined(__FreeBSD__))
|    written = sendmsg(fd, &msg, 0);
|#else
|    written = write(fd, &data[0], 1);
|#endif
There is a possibility to generate this collision even if it is not FreeBSD.
I think that any application (including courier) should not define the functions
which have same name as the system calls.
--
HIROSHI OOTA