linux port: Apache License Version 2.0 question

Mon Nov 13 23:48:41 PST 2006

Quoting Alexander Logvinov <abuse at akavia.ru> (from Tue, 14 Nov 2006
13:21:37 +0900):

>  Everything works, but there is an issue concerning Apache License,
> Version 2.0 for xerces-c.
> What are the conditions for making a port of linux-xerces-c2 and
> making a package from it?
> LICENSE.txt file is present in the rpm and is copied to
> /usr/share/doc/. Is this enough?

The Apache License is BSD like, so you don't need to distribute the
source (if I read it correctly). If in doubt, add the source RPM to
the port too (like we do with the GPLed linux-stuff).

I hope you install into LINUXBASE (linux libs should go there) and not
into LOCALBASE (you may get problems when FreeBSD native programs try
to use linux libs which are installed into LOCALBASE).

Bye,
Alexander.

--
A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of.
		-- Ogden Nash