port: velocity misbehaving....

Eric Schuele e.schuele at computer.org
Mon Nov 13 12:16:03 PST 2006

Hello,

I wanted to give velocity a try.  So I installed it.  However, when I
run it from a terminal I get

velocity-view.c:1147:  Unable to find icons.  Please reinstall GNOME
themes and/or Velocity.
velocity-view.c:1147:  Unable to find icons.  Please reinstall GNOME
themes and/or Velocity.
velocity-view.c:1147:  Unable to find icons.  Please reinstall GNOME
themes and/or Velocity.
velocity-view.c:1147:  Unable to find icons.  Please reinstall GNOME
themes and/or Velocity.

So I installed gnome-themes which I did not have.  Still no go.  Then I
reinstalled velocity... still no.

Also, fwiw, the context menus don't seem quite right.  They say "ERROR:"
.  And I can not actually interact with anything in the right pane.

I *do not* have anything gnome installed.  Should this work?

--
Regards,
Eric