Simple Question

Robert Huff roberthuff at rcn.com
Sat Nov 11 05:24:10 PST 2006

Rachel Florentine writes:

>    MAKE_ENV = {
>      '/usr/ports/net/openldap23-server' => [
>      'CC=gcc',
>      'CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include/openssl/"'
>      'LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib/"'

	As I understand it, the FreeBSD-supplied defaults for this type
of variable are set in /etc/defaults/make.conf (which should never
be edited),
	... overridden on a per-system basis in /etc/make.conf,
	... and altered for any given port by the port's Makefile.
	If the Makefile is missing a necessary/desirable tunable
option, then you need to talk to the maintainer.  (And I believe
your port is actively maintained.)
	I tend to use pkgtools.conf to reocrd those variables used
directly by the port which are not recorded by a "config" dialogue.
(See example appended.)
	I am not a Makefile/configuration guru, and we are now pushing
the envelope of what I'm willing to pontificate about.

				Robert Huff

  MAKE_ARGS = {
    'www/mozilla-devel' => 'BUILD_OFFICIAL=1',
    'graphics/gimp' => [
         'WITH_PYTHON=yes',
         'WITH_HTML_HELP_BROWSER=yes'],
    'www/apache22' => [