Building the INDEX

Edwin Groothuis edwin at mavetju.org
Thu Nov 2 11:08:58 UTC 2006

On Thu, Nov 02, 2006 at 11:54:23AM +0100, Michel Talon wrote:
> Today someone lent me a Core 2 Duo machine on which i have loaded FreeBSD-64.
> Nice result is that both my python program (that i have multithreaded - but
> there is room for improvement) and make index INDEX_JOBS=3 complete
> building the INDEX in 8 minutes. Of course this program requires python, but
> make index requires perl, which is not better. In view of this, one may

Is that with the "make index" called from /usr/ports? The one which
crawls through about 16000 iterations of bsd.port.mk? And all you
needed to do was to replace the perl script with a python script?
Impressive.

I feel a "make index-python" target coming up.

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.mavetju.org
edwin at mavetju.org    |          Weblog: http://weblog.barnet.com.au/edwin/