Testing DESTDIR

Gábor Kövesdán gabor at FreeBSD.org
Thu Nov 2 09:33:22 UTC 2006

Lupe Christoph írta:
> Hi!
>
> Im preparing an update to my Munin ports, and I would like to integrate
> DESTDIR support.
>
> Is there any way to test this short of duplicating the entire FreeBSD
> installation? Or to put it differently, does anybody have a list of
> things that need to be in the DESTDIR tree to install ports? Right now
> I'm stumbling from missing file to missing directory to missing file.
>
> Lupe Christoph

Hello,

the DESTDIR support is not quite ready yet. The current implementation
is quite complicated and requires a lot of effort to maintain and
support. I'm working on an improvement to do everything chrooted, but I
have some difficulties with it, so it will take some time. With that
change you won't have to do anything special to support DESTDIR, the
infrastructure will build and install it chrooted.

--
Cheers,

Gabor