FreeBSD Port: WebCalendar-1.0.4

Eric eric at mikestammer.com
Thu Nov 2 03:11:33 UTC 2006

Greg Larkin wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> Thanks for the note regarding the installation directory.  I think I
> cribbed some Makefile contents from other ports when I put this one
> together (1st port for me), but I see now that a bunch of other web
> apps are installing themselves into /usr/local/www.  Pardon my
> ignorance, but are we just trying to prevent pollution of the data
> directory where users will put their own content?
>
> I just submitted a patch for the port and made a bunch of other fixes
> that had been pending as well.  If you see any new problems, let me
> know.
>
> Regards,
> Greg

sounds good. thanks for taking care of that so fast.  i think its the
ports standard to install to www and not the data directory in order to
prevent people from drilling into directories of uninitiated apps and
whatnot before the administrator is ready.

perhaps someone else knows the exact details? Kris?

Thanks again!

Eric