make: Max recursion level (500) exceeded.: Resource temporarily unavailable

Mark Evenson mark.evenson at gmx.at
Mon May 29 05:15:27 PDT 2006

Sandor Z Nemeth wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I started to get the message
>
> make: Max recursion level (500) exceeded.: Resource temporarily unavailable
>
> when registering the installation of a new port. The installation waits
> a long time before getting this message. How could I fix this (the
> information on the web concerning make.conf is not applicable for me)?

Confirmed behavior here as well, with a fresh cvsup of ports today.

I *do* have EMACS_PORTS_VERSION set in /etc/make.conf, but think there
is now some other cause as my previous problems were fixed via the
change to /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk committed last week on
Tuesday/Wednesday.

Let me know how I can give more information to help debug this.