Help with configure.in

Jeremy Chadwick freebsd at jdc.parodius.com
Mon May 22 17:08:14 PDT 2006

On Mon, May 22, 2006 at 03:43:00PM -0800, Beech Rintoul wrote:
> I added the patch with a version check for 4.x in the makefile.The patch
> applies cleanly, but now when it gets to the build stage it bails with the
> following:
>
> ===>  Building for proftpd-1.3.0_2
> cd . && autoconf
> autoconf: not found
> gmake: *** [configure] Error 127
> *** Error code 2
>
> What am I doing wrong?

GNU autoconf is a nightmare -- none of the versions are compatible
with one another.  So, the way we dealt with this in the FreeBSD
world was to "individualise" each version:

drwxr-xr-x    3 root      wheel     512  9 Mar 18:35 devel/autoconf213/
drwxr-xr-x    3 root      wheel     512  5 May 03:57 devel/autoconf253/
drwxr-xr-x    3 root      wheel     512  5 May 03:57 devel/autoconf259/

Try something like `autoconf259` instead.  There's no generic
`autoconf` because of the versioning nightmare... :-)

HTH, FWIW...

| Making life hard for others since 1977.               PGP: 4BD6C0CB |