net/pppoa - marked as broken in 7.0, what about 6.1?

Spadge spadge at fromley.net
Sun May 21 17:28:26 UTC 2006

I see that on http://www.freshports.org/net/pppoa/ this port is marked
as broken in 7.0, and as it is panicking my kernel in 6.1 I was
wondering if it should also be marked as borken in there, too.

modem_run loads the firmware fine, as far as I can make out, but pppoa3
causes a kernel panic on the first run. Could this be something to do
with the difference between older fbsds having user-ppp and newer ones
not? Or is it the other way round? I'd never paid much attention to PPP
before this week, and only vaguely remember seeing mergemaster removing
it when I upgraded to 6.1-release.

Thanks

--
Spadge