Is it safe to compile multiple ports at the same time ?

Sergey Matveychuk sem at FreeBSD.org
Wed May 17 07:19:02 UTC 2006

Edwin Groothuis wrote:
> On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 01:53:37PM +1000, Paul Koch wrote:
>> Is it safe to compile multiple ports at the same time and not get the
>> makes to run into each other when building dependency ports ?
>
> I once submitted a patch which checked for this. Now that I've
> learned about lockf(1) I think there is a chance a next one will
> be approved too!

I saw your patch just you submited it. And I thought it would be great
to have the locking feature.

I've not once run two or more portupgrade -R and go away and when back
found both failed because of they started build the same port.

--
Dixi.
Sem.