Strange problem with snort

Mike Edenfield kutulu at kutulu.org
Tue May 16 20:58:05 UTC 2006

Paul Schmehl wrote:
> I ran portupgrade on a server today, and snort was one of the ports that
> needed to be upgrade.  However, the upgrade fails.  Here's the error
> message:
>
> => snort-2.4.4.tar.gz doesn't seem to exist in /usr/ports/distfiles/.
> => Attempting to fetch from http://www.snort.org/dl/current/.
> fetch: http://www.snort.org/dl/current/snort-2.4.4.tar.gz: Requested
> Range Not Satisfiable

This means you already have a partial download and fetch is trying to
resume.  The remote server doesn't appear to like the resume request.
Delete snort-2.4.4.tar.gz from /usr/ports/distfiles and try again.

> => Attempting to fetch from
> ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/.
> fetch:
> ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/snort-2.4.4.tar.gz:
> File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)

It appears the updated distfile hasn't been uploaded to the FreeBSD
mirrors, but since it's on the primary download site this shouldn't be a
problem.

--Mike