openoffice 2.0.2 install failure

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Tue May 16 09:52:56 UTC 2006

on 16/05/2006 02:46 Bartosz Fabianowski said the following:
>>> It looks like original intention was to put icon files into
>>> FreeDesktop Hicolor theme directory and I think that that directory
>>> is located under ${X11BASE}.
>
> Those icons are meant for the KDE integration, so while they certainly
> could go into the FreeDesktop Hicolor directory, it is fine to put them
> into a directory where only KDE will find them, such as
> ${PREFIX}/share/icons/hicolor. However, when doing this, OO.o should
> depend on the misc/kdehier port, which provides this directory.

Oh, I see. I am not quite familiar with KDE and KDE hier, so I got
confused. BTW, it's strange that GNOME uses ${X11BASE}, but KDE uses
${PREFIX} (which is usually ${LOCALBASE}), given they are both desktop
environments. Also, I think that FreeDesktop stuff was intended to be
common for all desktops. But now I am talking beyond my competence and
off the topic.

--
Andriy Gapon