RFC: Standardize and improve the PKGNAMESUFFIX handling in all ports

Pav Lucistnik pav at FreeBSD.org
Sun May 14 14:44:41 UTC 2006

Coleman Kane píše v pá 12. 05. 2006 v 18:44 +0000:
> Hello all,
>
> During some discussion, the existence of two problems in ports
> arose today surrounding handling of PKGNAMESUFFIX in the ports collection.
>
> First of all, the ability for it to handle multiple suffixes is broken
> in many ports, and not intuitive to accomplish, and the declaration of
> such option is not standard.
> Currently, if you have a port that has a toggle to reflect in the package
> name, you use "packagename+toggle-versioninfo". In many ports, this is
> accomplished via:
> PKGNAMESUFFIX=	+toggle
>
> If you want to add more than one toggle, you'd do:
> PKGNAMESUFFIX:="${PACKAGENAMESUFFIX}+toggle1"
> PKGNAMESUFFIX:="${PACKAGENAMESUFFIX}+toggle2"
>
> To get 'packagename+toggle1+toggle2-versioninfo'.
>
> Unfortunately, this is not done in many ports (such as ruby18), and the
> nomenclature swaps plus and hyphen for the 'toggle separator'.
>
> I propose that we do this:
>       Add to line 1199 of ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk
> _JOINEDPKGNAMESUFFIX?=
> .for _PKGNAMESUFFIXCOMPONENT in ${PKGNAMESUFFIX:O:u}
>   _JOINEDPKGNAMESUFFIX:="${_JOINEDPKGNAMESUFFIX}+${_PKGNAMESUFFIXCOMPONENT}"
> .endfor
>
> Change line 1207:
> PKGNAME=    ${PKGNAMEPREFIX}${PORTNAME}${_JOINEDPKGNAMESUFFIX}-${PORTVERSION:C/[-_,]/./g}${_SUF1}${_SUF2}
>
> Change line 2620:
> PKGBASE?=           ${PKGNAMEPREFIX}${PORTNAME}${_JOINEDPKGNAMESUFFIX}
>
> And then, rather than literally specifying the PKGNAMESUFFIX, you would do this:
> PKGNAMESUFFIX+=	toggle1
> PKGNAMESUFFIX+=	toggle2
>
> Which is far more intuitive and more readable.
>
> And the addition at line 1199, specified above, would automagically add the
> + delimiters, order the toggles alphabetically, and weed out the duplicates.
>
> This could be one more step toward a more manageable package infrastructure.
>
> As I said, this is an RFC so give me comments!

Looks good.

--
Pav Lucistnik <pav at oook.cz>
              <pav at FreeBSD.org>

25 And the Lord spoke unto the Angel that guarded the eastern gate, saying,
   Where is the flaming sword which was given unto thee?
26 And the Angel said, I had here only a moment ago, I must have put it down
   some where, forget my own head next.
27 And the Lord did not ask him again.