HEADS UP for maintainers of web applications

Pav Lucistnik pav at FreeBSD.org
Sun May 14 12:29:31 UTC 2006

Doug Barton píše v pá 12. 05. 2006 v 13:25 -0700:
> Pav Lucistnik wrote:
> > Doug Barton pí¹e v èt 11. 05. 2006 v 02:17 -0700:

> >> How did those directories become "apache specific," and where was that
> >> decision and the prohibitive policy discussed and agreed to?

> > And, most importantly for me, it fixes pkg-plist fallout from recent php
> > change.
>
> Sorry, you have the cart and the horse confused. If php needs to be fixed,
> fix it. But don't try to jam every other web based port maintainer into your
> version of what the world should look like.

I am not going to fight someone else's war.  All I care about are that
those pkg-plists are formally correct.  I will be adding
'@dirrmtry www/data' on sight.  If you don't want to change your ports,
fine, that's your decision.  I'm not going to force anyone to change his
port in that direction, even if I believe it's a good idea.  Feel free
to disagree.

--
Pav Lucistnik <pav at oook.cz>
              <pav at FreeBSD.org>

Do not meddle in the affairs of Wizards, for they are subtle and
quick to anger.