new installs of linux-firefox linux-firefox-devel report that firefox is running.

Beech Rintoul beech at alaskaparadise.com
Sat May 13 18:11:44 UTC 2006

On Saturday 13 May 2006 10:03, eculp at bafirst.com wrote:
> Quoting Boris Samorodov <bsam at ipt.ru>:

> >> Hi Boris, thanks for your answer.
> >>
> >> I first deinstalled them with pkg_delete and manually (rm -rf) removed
> >> the directries completely I then installed them from ports.  Everytime
> >> I get the message I check to see if there is any type of firefox
> >> running with ps -ax and now with top also.  I've seen this for several
> >> days now and have no idea why.
>
> Hello Boris,
>
> > Which linux_base port and xlibs are you using?
>
> linux_base-8-8.0_14
> linux-XFree86-libs-4.3.99.902_7
> xorg-libraries-6.9.0
>
> > BTW, both native and linux firefox should use the same user's
> > directory ~/.mozilla. try to rename (remove) it and start
> > linux-firefox. Does it helps? Sometimes when upgrading firefox that
> > helps.
>
> I'm erasing it after every test of the FreeBSD firefox and the linux
> version doesn't even create one.

> > So far I can't reproduse it on 6.1-RC. Linux-firefox is strting and
> > shutting down correctly.
>
> I'm running 7.0 with cvsup and build from this morning.
>
> Thanks again for your help,

Look in your /compat/linux directories. Somewhere in there is a parent.lock
remove that and linux-firefox will start. Sorry, I don't remember exactly
where that file is.

Beech

Beech Rintoul - Sys. Administrator - beech at alaskaparadise.com
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | Alaska Paradise
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail   | 201 East 9Th Avenue Ste.310
/ \  - Please visit Alaska Paradise - http://www.alaskaparadise.com