FreeBSD Port: phpMyAdmin-2.8.0.3

fbsd fbsd at a1poweruser.com
Sat May 13 14:54:57 UTC 2006

I am tired by being called a troll by you people.
I report the fact that the phpMyAdmin package is broken
and you folks turn this in to being my fault.
What the hell is wrong with you.

The fact still remains that the phpMyAdmin package is broken
because it calls for pdflib and pdflib is marked as broken.
Also the package will only use php4 and mysql4.
There should be a php5/mysql5 package version.

How in the world can this be my fault?

You took me down the road of a work around using the ports.

All this did was point out that there is problems with how pkgs and
ports work together.

I am not interested in playing with the complete ports system on my
box.

Any of you who think the requirement of installing the complete
ports system on your box is the way to manage ports have something
wrong in your head. The ports system is growing at 200 ports a
month.  Where do you draw the line at this method having out lived
its usefulness. The package system is the solution in the long run
and sooner or later this fact will be forced on you by the sheer
size of the ports system.

At no time did any of you try the phpmyadmin package to
prove it worked and thus prove me wrong.
So shut your collective pie hole.
Your credibility as people who know the ports/package system
has been proven by your posts to be false.
Not one of you tried the package in question or offered to fix it.
Calling me a troll is your way of not address the original problem.

You missed the point of my original post from the get go.
You should start reading at the beginning of this thread and
see how foolish your post have been when all that was stated
is that the phpmyadmin package don't work.

So I end it here.

Fix the phpMyAdmin package or not is up to you.

Take to heart the other problems I pointed out with the php5
and php4 ports/pkg and fix them or not.

I can not correspond with you prima donna's any longer,
it's just a waste of my time.