Do we need a few more ports reviewers/committers?

Boris Samorodov bsam at ipt.ru
Sat May 13 14:44:12 UTC 2006

On Fri, 12 May 2006 22:31:03 -0500 Mark Linimon wrote:
> On Fri, May 12, 2006 at 12:45:03PM +0400, Boris Samorodov wrote:
> > How is this list created? Does the script look at "class" of the PR?

> No, because often the classes are incorrect.  It does a strict comparison
> between Submitter email address and MAINTAINER Makevar.

> > I have a PR with "take maintainership" suggestion and class
> > "maintainer-update". But my PR is not listed:
> > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/97076

> That's because 'maintainer-update' is supposed to mean 'update to existing
> port by existing maintainer', and that only.

Well, then either there is an exeption or we should consider to change
the Porters handbook Chapter 10 Upgrading, which says:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/port-upgrading.html
-----
The best way to send us the diff is by including it via send-pr(1)
(category ports). If you are volunteering to maintain the port, be
sure to put [maintainer update] at the beginning of your synopsis line
and set the ``Class'' of your PR to maintainer-update. Otherwise, the
``Class'' of your PR should be change-request.
-----

WBR
--
Boris B. Samorodov, Research Engineer