Bug in Apache 1.3.35 ... or something changed ... ?

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Sat May 13 06:01:40 UTC 2006

Don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but I just installed apache
1.3.35 on one of my FreeBSD 6.x/amd64 servers, and it no longer appears to
process my:

Include etc/apache/virtual_hosts/*.conf

directive ...

Just downloaded the 1.3.34 package, and it runs properly:

Starting apache.
Processing config directory: /usr/local/etc/apache/virtual_hosts/*.conf
  Processing config file: /usr/local/etc/apache/virtual_hosts/www.b1.net.conf
  Processing config file: /usr/local/etc/apache/virtual_hosts/www.g1.com.conf
  Processing config file: /usr/local/etc/apache/virtual_hosts/www.h1.com.conf
  Processing config file: /usr/local/etc/apache/virtual_hosts/www.h2.com.conf
  Processing config file: /usr/local/etc/apache/virtual_hosts/www.l1.com.conf
  Processing config file: /usr/local/etc/apache/virtual_hosts/www.l2.com.conf
  Processing config file: /usr/local/etc/apache/virtual_hosts/www.p1.com.conf
  Processing config file: /usr/local/etc/apache/virtual_hosts/www.w1.net.conf

But with 1.3.35, it just tells me that there are no hosts defined for the
NameVirtualHost ...

Has anyone else seen it? I checked the Release notes for 1.3.35, and they
indicate that they've apparently improved/fixed some issues:

    New features that relate to all platforms:

      * core: Allow usage of the "Include" configuration directive within
        previously "Include"d files.

And the 1.3 docs on apache.org definitely state that the above WildCard
config should work:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/mod/core.html#include

Anyone?

----