net/tcpview bug

Cy Schubert Cy.Schubert at komquats.com
Fri May 12 21:01:03 UTC 2006

I've noticed quirky little bug in net/tcpview that manifests itself with
various outputs being redirected to stdout rather than the Motif widget
they are supposed to display in. The application has its own printf
function which, depending on the value of a global variable called Zflag,
will either vsprintf the output to a buffer destined to be displayed in the
Motif window or spit it out to stdout using fprintf. My make.conf contains
the statement, CFLAGS=-O -pipe. This works for buildworld, buildkernel, and
all my 1170 installed ports so far, except net/tcpview. Building tcpview
with make CFLAGS=-O0 fixes the problem. As a heads up, when I get the
chance I will commit a patch to the port to fix this problem, unless some
other committer beats me to it.

--
Cheers,
Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert at komquats.com>