Apache 2.2.2 with SSL

Chycor Ltd phil at chycor.com
Fri May 12 15:21:43 UTC 2006

Hi All,

Having just portupgraded to apache2.2.2. I am now struggling to configure ssl support using mod_ssl. I have the mod_ssl module already enabled.

I have amended :-
/usr/local/etc/apache22/extra/httpd-ssl.conf

and copied my certificates/keys from another server as this is a server move operation.

I seem to recall a reference to adding a line in /etc/rc.conf when I originally installed apache in the same way that I added apache22_enable="YES".

Does anyone have any ideas?

As soon as I run :-
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache22.sh stop
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache22.sh start
I was expecting the passphrase interface to come up as the keys are password protected but its as if apache is completely ignoring my ssl config file.

Many thanks for any feedback on this.

Regards
Phil.